Dan Savaloja is a Minnesota attorney and founded Savalaw with a focus on representing clients in the transportation industry, business and corporate clients and individuals on various legal issues.
Attorney Dan Savaloja began practicing as in-house house counsel for a large multi-national corporation in 1999. Dan’s experience covers a wide spectrum including transportation law issues; new business startups; corporate issues including governance; contract drafting, review and negotiations; U.S. and Canadian (with Canadian co-counsel) DOT issues; employment law; mergers and acquisitions; real estate matters; drug and alcohol programs; employee handbooks; equipment lease, finance and purchases; government relations; freight claims and business succession planning.
In addition, Attorney Savaloja counsels individuals on various personal matters including estate planning, probate and various property issues.
In addition to his legal experience, Dan has extensive operational experience running several companies including small to large trucking companies and other small businesses. He has also developed and implemented large LTL programs for cross functional application. In this regard, Dan has worked with the largest LTL trucking companies in the country negotiating contracts and implementing the programs.
Dan’s clients are well served by his experience, education (JD, MBA and BA), common sense and sound judgment.
Dan serves on the Board of Directors of the Minnesota Trucking Association and is a member of the Transportation Lawyers Association and the Metro North Chamber of Commerce. Dan also currently serves as the Board President for Impact Services, Inc. (Anoka-Champlin Meals on Wheels).
Dan is also a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and Anoka County Bar Association
In addition to practicing law, Dan is an avid outdoors enthusiast and Minnesota hockey fan.
areas of practice
- Motor Carrier, Shipper and Broker Contracts
- Business Contracts and Supply Agreements
- Business Entity – Choice and Filings
- Business Succession Planning
- Estate Planning
- Business and Corporate Governance
- DOT Qualifications and Operational Issues
- Employment Law
- Equipment Financing, Leasing and Purchase
- Overcoming Canadian Inadmissibility
- DWI/DUI Defense
- Real Estate Law
- Minnesota, 1999
- U.S. District Court, 2001
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D. – 1999
- University of St. Thomas, Graduate School of Business, M.B.A. – 2002
- Hamline University, B.A. – 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Minnesota Trucking Association (Past Chairman – Board of Directors (current))
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Metro North Chamber of Commerce
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Anoka County Bar Association
- Transportation Club of Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Impact Services, Inc. (Anoka-Champlin Meals on Wheels) (Board President)
- Best Practices for Boat Shippers
- Expanding the Range of Your Drivers